The NormaTec PCD is used for the following medical conditions:
- Wounds that won't heal
- Venous insufficiency (problems with your veins leading to swollen legs)
- Lymphedema after breast cancer or any other type of cancer
- Congenital lymphedema (problems with your lymphatic system that you were born with)
- Other circulation-related conditions where you experience swelling in an arm, leg or other part of your body
- Prevention of DVT (deep vein thrombosis, or blood clots)
In the world of Sports Medicine, the NormaTec PCD is highly effective at healing and preventing injuries and promoting workout recovery.
The FDA-cleared NormaTec PCD can be safely used even if you have other medical conditions like diabetes, congestive heart failure, arterial insufficiency, infections, cancer, post-phlebitic syndrome, or end-stage renal failure. The only condition that prevents use of the NormaTec PCD is acute deep vein thrombosis (a new blood clot in your veins).